Skype is a platform by which you can send messages, chat, call or video call with any person or group of persons having Microsoft Skype account. The person could be anywhere across the world. Skype has shortened the world and has lessen the distance between the people. But sometimes you encounter some issues with skype like Skype Not Responding or issues with audio calls.
Here’s what you can do deal with the issue of Skype audio calls or you can also take Skype Help:
- Firstly, ensure that you and the person whom you have called are using the latest version of Skype because there might be the features that may not work with the older versions.
- Then check that your network connection is good and the signal strength is strong enough and close any application that might be interfering with the call.
- Then ensure that your microphone and speakers are not blocked or muted. And they are plugged in when you are using the computer. If there is issue of Skype Microphone Not Working, then also you will have issue in audio calls. You can try to move near the microphone, reduce the background noise.
- If you are using headset, then try to use different cable or plug it in different port.
- If you are using integrated microphone and loudspeakers, of a PC, tablet or laptop, then try to use USB headset or webcam instead.
- You can also try to switch between speaker and handset mode or using a headset.
- The easiest way to test your sound is to use the free test call of Skype. It prompts you to record a message and then play it back for you so that you can hear it.
- Try to check the audio of your system. You can do this by playing a song or any other application with the sound. If you can hear it clearly, then issue may be with the other person who is on the call. You can ask him to follow these steps so that the audio can be improved:
- On windows desktop select the option of Tools > then Options > then Audi Settings. After that in the Speakers drop down menu, choose the playback device you that you want to use. If there is still the issue with the audio, then Microsoft comes with a tool to automatically diagnose and fix audio problems.
- On Mac desktop select Skype > then preferences > then Audio/video. After that in the Speakers drop down menu, choose the playback device you that you want to use. If there is still the issue with the audio, then use the in-built volume controls. You can also take the help of Apple website in setting the volume control.